Monday, June 25, 2012

It's Time

My husband, Brian, has been telling me for at least a year and a half that he really thinks I should blog. He is so sure that I'll love it and that it would be good for me.  He has actually been encouraging me to spend time just for myself, and yet I've been resisting.  WHY?!  Perhaps its the same reason I refused to read the Hobbit or Little Women as a child...just because someone REALLY wanted me to.  I guess I am that churlish stubborn. Sigh.


So last night I got to thinking about it in the middle of the night while I was wide awake after the 2nd (or was it 3rd?) feeding of the night for my one month old daughter, Brighton. And it hit me, I think I should blog.  Brian is right.  I'd enjoy it, and it would help me remember my life, and perhaps someone would get a kick out of all the bizarre things that just happen to me, or maybe even learn something or be uplifted by something I'd have to say.  And then, in the middle of the night I became sold on the idea.

I had a blog in high school, circa 1999 (eep!), or at least that's what it was before the term blog even existed.  It was an Open Diary account -- you know, before Live Journal, before Xanga.  Back in the stone ages of online personal writing.  I named my Open Diary account "The Interesting".  Not because I was completely self absorbed.  I actually wasn't.  But, rather, because so many other people labelled me that way.

I never liked that label -- it seemed like the "bless your heart"way of someone saying I was weird.  But since I knew deep down there was a lot hint of truth to it, I decided to try to own it.  I'm not sure how successful I was, but when I was racking my brain for a new blog title, I finally realized it fit.  13 years have passed since I created the last one, and I have come to discover and even enjoy how "interesting" I am/my life is.  Things just happen to me.  Things people have said couldn't possibly be true, must be made up.  I don't go searching for or trying to create these things.  They. Just. Happen.

While these things have lately not been of the oh so very pleasant variety, I have found that the Word holds true, and God does work all of things together for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His name.  Since that includes me, I figure its about time I start chronicling the life He has given me.  Sometimes very interesting, sometimes mundane.  But always, always full.

So.  This blog is for me.  To remember these crazy busy days of being a wife and mama to a toddler and an itty bitty.  To recall how faithful God has been to me through every high and low.  To carve out time to reflect.  To serve as my journal and my children's baby books.  To glorify my God with the life He has given me.  And to watch myself grow and change over time.

You're welcome to read along if you'd like.

Posts I'm itching to write?  My birth stories.  Both of them.  I've wanted to get them down on paper so I'll never forget and just haven't yet. I'm confident those stories will give anyone who might be wondering about it an idea of what I mean by "interesting things just happen to me."  And on my mind for today, a post about Lorien's first day of preschool.  It really tugged at my heart to see her so grown up and yet so vulnerable.  I mean, she is only 2!  And off she went this morning.

Ok. Real life calls.  Sweet baby awake and crying. It's time to go nurse!

No comments:

Post a Comment